Introducing to SA…
the New Toyota Hilux
Toyota’s Hilux is a powerful and reliable twin-cab or single-cab ute/pickup, which has dominated the bakkie segment for years and is still one of South Africa’s best-selling vehicles.
The Toyota Hilux brand is respected by its drivers for its versatility as a very capable workhorse, as well as being a comfortable family car.
The New 2016 Toyota Hilux hits the shores of South Africa with a number of standard features that include:
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Traction control
- Electronic brake distribution (EBD)
- Bluetooth capabilities
- Cruise control
- Two or six-speaker stereo system
- Up-spec models come with a premium features list, which means so much more awesomeness!
As well as being a multi-functional vehicles, the 2.8 litre diesel has a 3.5 tonne tow capability (for a braked trailer) or 750kg (for an unbraked trailer.)
Toyota launches its 8th-generation Hilux bakkie – emphasising toughness.
The exterior of the Toyota Hilux has been upgraded to be stronger and capable of handling vast weights with its stronger ladder chassis, improved AWD system, reinforced load deck and higher towing capacity – up to 3.2 tonnes!
The 2105/2016 Toyota Hilux is not all brawn and no brains, the family-friendly bakkie comes standard with leisure comforts such as safety driver aids, active traction control, hill hold/assist, as well as advanced trailer sway control.
The new front end has integrated the grille and headlight clusters to form a distinctive styling.
The New Toyota Hilux can be seen driving around Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and absolutely everywhere across South Africa. But it’s not what you see on the outside, it’s what’s on the inside that truly counts to the comforts of the drivers. The centre console insludes a tablet-styled 7″ touch-screen display that works very much like a smartphone – it has also been brought closer to the front passengers – making it safer and easier to operate.
Other interior features include:
- An analogue & digital instrument cluster that includes speedometer & rev-counter dials with a 4.2″ colour multi-function display
- Height and reach-adjustable steering wheel
- Steering buttons to scroll through multi-function menus
- Three levels of interior trim are available
- Interior trim include: tough & hard-wearing fabric for business users, tough but soft-textured fabric for mid-level usage & luxury leather for top-end models
- Centre console box can house 22 CD’s (if you still use them)
- Optional 220V AC power outlet
- Dashboard & Console cup holders
- Aux and USB ports
Cargo deck width is up from 1544mm to 1645mm, and the tail-gate hinges have been beefed up, as have the struts that hold it in the open position. The floor ribs have been redesigned, sill cross-members added to the floor panel and the header panel been reinforced.
The new Hilux is here! And Andy Cab Canopies is ready to add one of our high-quality fibre glass canopies to this Toyota titan – making an already incredible vehicle, so much more than just a bakkie. Contact us today!